Worm Composting class!
Thursday, November 19, 2015
$50--includes a worm bin, complete with worms
Teacher: Heather Rinaldi, Founder of Texas Worm Ranch
Where: Texas Worm Ranch, 2636 National Circle, Garland, TX 75401
Our Worms Reduce, Reuse, Recycle--you can too!
Learn how Heather became a worm rancher and learned to love garbage.
Discover why you should consider vermicomposting, Where you can set up worm bins, How to setup and care for worm bins and How to utilize worm castings as a cheap and easy garden amendment to improve your chances for organic garden and landscaping success. You will get your very own worm bin, complete with worms.
365 Days of Edible North Texas Gardening--
Cold season gardening
tuesday, november 17, 2015
9 AM-1 PM
(Bring your own lunch and
Cost: $50 includes booklet and 10 lbs. worm castings
Texas Worm Ranch
2636 National Circle
Garland, TX 75041
Learn how to keep your family in food year round. Winter can be a productive time for Texas edible gardening! Class topics include:
- soil biology and soil prep primer
- how to prepare your garden for winter production
- month by month and freeze alert planning
- best plants for winter hardiness--when to cover what plants
- winter container gardening
- frost cloth and cold frame making
- microgreens and indoor gardening
- harvesting winter crops for continuous production
- seed starting Spring seedlings
- possible (time and weather dependent) tour of two winter gardens in production
Why Use Texas Worm Ranch Castings?
Our goal is to ensure that our castings are the premium standard for the industry, in
both nutrient value and soil biology. Texas Worm Ranch commits to quality.
- Unlike other casting producers, our worms are never fed peat moss
(an unsustainable and antimicrobial food source) or just one food source of any kind.
- We custom feed a diverse mix of natural vegetative waste to produce a premium
standard of abundant biomass of beneficial soil organisms and nutrients.
- Our posted castings’ results are tested by a SoilFoodWeb- and
Dr. Elaine Ingram-approved laboratory for diversity and mass of soil biology
and nutrient cycling potential.
- We use our castings in our own organic yard and tree treatments and vegetable
production. We require the highest quality for our purposes, and pass that quality
on for our customers’ success.
- Our castings are harvested weekly and kept moist and alive to ensure you get the
highest quality and mass of biological life when applied to your property.
TWR castings have been tested by one of the leading labs in the country
- Click here and see the results for yourself!